Saturday, July 28, 2007

What AdSense is

A conversation on Yahoo!Messenger

Abi: Hey friend! What’s up? How are you doing?
Friend: Yeah, I’m good. A little bit desperate with my study and love, but I’m OK. And you?
Abi: Yeah. Love doesn’t bother me. I don’t have any girlfriend so I don’t have any problem with it (I don’t, do I?). About the exam, I hope I could make it. But I think I’m concentrating in AdSense too.
Friend: Wow.. That sounds cool!
Abi: Yeah, I think it wouldn’t be bad if I have some revenue from it. It’s free after all.
Friend: Well, Well.. I think you’re doing it well. By the way, can I ask you something?
Abi: Of course!
Friend: What is the adsense you’re talking about?
Abi: eh?
Friend: What is that adsense?
Abi: ?!?


Dude! You’re online every day, browsing the sites every day, and you don’t know what adsense is?!?!

Dude!!


Hahahaha.. I should tell that to myself 1 year ago.

Well, we were all beginner after all (but I am a beginner, I’m a NOOB), so it’s not that embarrassing. But it’s quite a mistake, unless you don’t like money.


So what is adsense exactly?



Assuming someone has a website. He wants to advertise his website/product/company. Then he will go to the Google AdWords to advertise it (They pay for it of course). Then Google will have a lot of websites to advertise. It’s uncountable. Therefore Google needs many websites which wants to display the ads.

Google creates a program called Google AdSense, which is allowing people to let their site to display ads. The people, whose site’s displaying ads, will get a certain amount of money every time the ads are clicked by someone. The amount of the money the publisher per click (pay per click (PPC)) is depending on the keywords of the ads (from 0.01 to 60 dollar). So depending on the traffic and how the ads are arranged, someone could even get more than 10,000 dollar every month, or even more.

You can see on this blog, there are some ads with the note “ads by Google”. Yes, this blog is AdSensed. And if any of you click it, I will get money (which I don’t know how much it is). But don’t click it unless you’re really interested with it, OK?

(Yeah, that’s the rule. You may not encouraging people to click your own ads! The Big Brother (Google-sama) is watching us! You may not encouraging people to click your ads, you may not click your own ads (not even once!), you may not deceive the visitor to click your ads, and the others fishy tricks are prohibited by Google! If your account’s get cancelled by Google, you can’t make another account. In other words, “bye bye Google adsense (TT_TT) “. So, no trick!)

So what do you do now? That’s right! You sign up for AdSense right now! Yes, right now!

You don’t have any website? Go to blogger (http://www.blogger.com). Create a blog! Why blogger? Why not Wordpress, or the other? Blogger belongs to Google, so you will definitely accepted by Google. (If you want to adsense your other websites, you don’t need to sign up again. Just copy-paste the code)

Now you understand what AdSense is. (If you have some questions, please feel free to ask).

So, good luck! I hope you don’t run out of luck like me hahaha.

No comments: