Friday, August 10, 2007

Section Targeting Feature

Now I’ll tell you how I solved my problem.

How? By using section targeting feature, we can tell the crawler which contents are important, which contents are to ignore.

How we could use section targeting feature?

By implementing this HTML tag on your page with this format (please change all the "]" and the "[" into ">" and "<"):
[!-- google_ad_section_start --]

[!-- google_ad_section_end --]


For example:

This is my content but I don’t want to target it… bla bla bla blab la bla blabl abl abla blabla blablabl abl labl ablabl.

..
..
..
Bla bla bla..

[!-- google_ad_section_start --]

This is my content that I want to target. And this is important, I want the ads to display anything related to this paragraphs… blab la bla blabl abl abla blabla

..
..
..
..
..
Bla blab la..
[!-- google_ad_section_end --]

And this is another section that I don’t want to target. Bla blab la..
..
..
end




If you want to tell the crawler some contents to ignore, you can implement this format:

[!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) --]

[!-- google_ad_section_end --]

Example:

Bla bla bla..

[!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) --]

This is the content that I don’t want any of the ads showing this. Bla bla bla ..
..
..
..
[!-- google_ad_section_end --]

This is the contents that are fine to be displayed on the ads.. bla bla bla..
..
..
End


Are all clear?

By implementing this section targeting feature, we would have 3 level of content: Important content, neutral content, and content to ignore.

But don’t use the tag to target just a few words. It wouldn’t work.

After you implement the tag, please wait for 48 hours before it takes effect.

note: please change all the "]" and the "[" into ">" and "<"

No comments: