Monday, September 10, 2007

Introduction to SEO (Search Engine Optimization)


I assume you have already registered your site on search engine (Google, Yahoo!, and MSN).

I believe your site is already detected. But the problem is, most likely if you search something related to your site, your site doesn’t show up on the first page.

For example, if I search on Google for keywords “adsense click exchange”, this site shows up on 12th page! Damn, who the hell will look to the 12th page?!



In my case, I have failed for the keywords “adsense click exchange” (but maybe someday it will show up on the 1st or 2nd page)

So how can I improve this? The technique to improve this is called SEO, Search Engine Optimization.

So what determine your site’s position in Google? That’s actually a secret and the algorithm is way too complex (and it change once in a time too)

But always remember, Google looks for quality page.

So how does Google know which site is a high quality site and which one is a low quality site?

Like I said before, it’s too complex (and a secret too), but generally there are important factors:

-Traffic (The number of visitor)
-and Back Link (The number of link on another sites referring to your site)

Most people increase the number of their back link by doing link exchange or create link bait content.


But SEO is not just limited in that.

SEO should calculate also Sitemap, the address, the content, the meta tag, etc.

I think that’s enough for the introduction. (^_^)v

No comments: